Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Writing for the Sake of Writing




Sometimes after reading every one's blogs I want to get on and post and post and post and then I try and think of something to write about and I draw a huge BLANK. My work brings lots of interesting challenges some of which are humorous, some which are not. For example today I had a patron who had 42 books on hold. The check out limit is 50. Before we started I specifically asked him if we wanted to go through them and make sure he wanted them all. Because every time without fail when I have a patron with that many holds they give half back. So we get all but about 7 checked out and he hits his limit. With a blank, dumbfounded look he asks "I guess the limit is still 50 uh?" So we had to go back though all of the books and figure out which ones he really wanted. Yep in the end he only took about half of what he had on hold. That was one of the moments when I just had to sigh and decide to let it go since in the grand scheme of things it wasn't a big deal.

That kind of brings me to the next point of this pointless ramble. I recently finished a book called "Toss the Guilt and Catch the Joy". I have been really down and stressed out a lot the past couple months and I figured something written with an LDS background would be the most helpful. I feel so much better after reading this book. She said a lot of the same things that are in scripture and said by general authorities (both of whom she quotes all the way through). But reading it in the way that she wrote it was eye opening for me. Learning that there are so many things that just don't matter in this life that we get so caught up on. I highly suggest it to anyone.

On Sunday while I was trying to be reverent during the Sacrament I was reading Christmas carols and I got all teary eyed and then I just started crying. I actually ended up crying all through Sacrament meeting (it was our primary program). Back to the Christmas carols. I was just thinking about Christmas and all the wonderful feeligs that go along with that time of year and I got all sad and happy all at the same time. I also started thinking about Christ and all He did for me and lets just say I was emotional.

2 comments:

  1. I totally heard about that book and wanted to read it! I will have to buy it when I go home for Christmas. By the way, we totally need to play when we are in Utah at the same time! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read that book too and I loved it! She wrote it so well and I felt like every line was written just for me. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete