Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Girls Camp here I come

This weekend was a very emotional weekend for me. I was stressed out with everything that I needed to get done. Eric and I decided to go to the temple and enjoy the time. We decided to do initiatories, which ended up being great for me since I had some time to really think and ponder. One of the things I was really thinking about was the visiting teaching conference that our Relief Society is doing in March. The rest of the day was pretty normal.

 On Sunday I decided to fast about how to balance my time better. With my new job I really felt like my calling was the area suffering the most. After the time at the temple I was feeling better about it but I still knew I needed to focus more on my calling.

Then on Sunday morning the 1st counselor grabbed me right before sacrament meeting and asked to talk to me. He didn't ask Eric to come with us so I thought it was something that I needed to do for RS. Nope! Instead he released me from being 2nd Counselor in the RS presidency and called me as the ward Girls Camp Director.

Honestly, I was really upset about the change. I felt slightly betrayed since I had just had all the inspiration at the temple. Also I hadn't been in my calling all that long and was really enjoying my relationships with the rest of the presidency. I was crying the first half of sacrament meeting and it took awhile for me to get my composure. On top of all that I was fighting a cold so I was tired and not feeling well.

Now that I have had a few days to process everything I am getting more and more excited to learn and grow with this new calling. This must be what I need to be able to balance my calling with the rest of my life.

4 comments:

  1. WOHOO!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE girls camp!!!! Best calling ever :o) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you and I can bounce ideas off of each other for girl's camp since that is my new calling as well. And maybe they keep giving you new callings to make up for the year or so you didn't have a calling while you were traveling the county. Just kidding, but that's what it seems like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you will do great and really love the calling. You are such a wonderful example to the YW you will serve. The YW you were and the women you have become will show them that even when life is hard, chooing the rightr and keeping your faith even through trials is worth it. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete