Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

After a nineteen month sabatical I am back to working. Not only working but working full time. I haven't worked ful time for 10 years. Granted in many ways my mission was more than full time, it didn't bring in a paycheck. I am also lucky enough to have a fabulous job. I have taken a job as a nanny. From 7:30 am to 3:30 pm I am a nanny for a 3 1/2 year old little boy and a six month old little girl. Right now the schedule is pretty easy. I arrive at 7:30 and help get the kids up, dressed and fed. Then Josh goes to preschool from 8:30 to 11:30. While he is at school Vivian sleeps for about two hours. Then I pick up Josh and feed the kids lunch. Vivian goes down again at about one and sleeps for two hours while Josh and I play. Today I played Legos and we built a tower of 6ft tall. While we were building I was thinking about how lucky I am that I get paid to play with cute kids. I feel really blessed to have found such a great job.

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you! The woman you're working for called me the other day--I raved about you and everything I said was 100% true! She sounds nice, and it sounds like you've got a great set up. Those kids are lucky to have you in their lives. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the best job ever-playing, eating, napping! Hope you're loving it!

    ReplyDelete