Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Friday, April 29, 2011

A recent obsession

The last couple of months, basically since shortly after arriving in Utah, I have wanted to make a quilt. I don't want to tie a quilt but actually make a piece, and quilt and quilt the top of it. I am not sure where this has come from. I have been crocheting blankets for awhile and actually have one I need to finish for my niece's blessing. On Wednesday I went to a quilt shop with a friend but I was so overwhelmed that I didn't get anything. Plus I am trying to be good and follow our budget. Especially since we don't have a regular paycheck coming in.

On that note if anyone out there is a quilter I would love any advice that you have. I guess I should start with the sewing machine.

4 comments:

  1. I did that a few years ago...no quilt came out of it though :o) I got as far as a sewing machine and a book about it. I hope you do it, everyone who does loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come spend a day with me! I probably have enough scraps to get you a quilt. Blogs are great for ideas. However I have an easy baby quilt I can teach you to make in 2-3 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilting is fun! But it does take a lot of time and it gets frustrating if it is too complicated. Start with something simple and finish it. There are also lots of fun quilting books at the library! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can find the CUTEST quilt patterns on-line for free, that way you don't have to spend money on a pattern. (And the ones I found on-line were cuter than the ones to buy at the store.)

    ReplyDelete