For Christmas this year Eric's parents came to Tennessee. They flew into Knoxville on the 23rd and stayed the night here in Johnson City and then on Christmas Eve we drove to Gatlinburg, TN. On Christmas Eve the weather was sunny and in the forties with no snow on the ground. Then on Christmas morning we woke up to a winter wonderland. It was the first time that I remembered Christmas Eve being so warm and sunny and then Christmas morning being covered in fresh snow. It snowed all day and all night through the 26th. It was one of the prettiest snows I have ever seen.
We had soup on Christmas Eve and then spent the evening watching "The Polar Express". Eric's parents had never seen the movie so it was fun to watch it all together. Then on Christmas morning we woke up and opened the few presents we had and headed out into the storm. Down in Gatlinburg we went out for breakfast at the Pancake House. While we were there Santa came in to say hi. The rest of the day we played games, mostly Dominion. For dinner we chicken crescents. When I first met Eric's family his mom made these but I couldn't remember the name and called them chicken hamsters. It was a fun day spent cuddled up on the coach in front of the fire enjoying family.






No comments:
Post a Comment