Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Saturday, March 20, 2010

A week in the life

This last week has been spring break for most of the world but not for me and Eric. Since I am almost grown up with a part time job I don't get spring break so I headed off to work as usual on Monday, Thursday and Saturday. The only really hard part about that was Thursday was the prettiest day of the week and I was in the library all day. The good news is the building is made of glass so I can see outside everywhere I look.

My cousin Sara was here visiting on her spring break. She moved around between me, my sister and sister-in-law but when we were together we had a great time. On Monday night we stayed up way too late watching "Whip It". The verdict is still out on that movie. I loved that she found what she loved to do and had a passion for it but I am sad that she lied to everyone in the process. I was proud of the way she stood up to the boy who used her.

On Tuesday we were off to go shopping!!! I had promised Eric the only thing I would buy would be sandals which were a previously agreed upon item that had a budget. Sara was on the hunt for nice, comfortable sweat pants. After searching long and hard Sara was successful at her quest but alas I was not-yet.

Sara and I did lunch at Fudruckers and then headed home. At this point Eric and I had decided to head to Omaha to go to the temple. After thinking about our options and our schedule we decided that it would be a long night and we would be stressing over what needed to be done at home. So instead we had a quiet night the two of us out and about. We stopped first at DSW and success-sandals!! Then on the mall to walk around before stopping by to watch "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief". The movie alone was pretty good. When compared with the book I was not as impressed. I do have to say that I am curious to see how they work into the next couple of books since they left out a lot that ties them together.

Wednesday was a normal day for me-sleeping in, doing a bit of housework and having fun working on minor crafts. Granted I couldn't remember what day of the week it was so that made the days more interesting.

Thursday-work and enjoy the sunshine through the windows.

Then came the cold snowy day. I had only one thing on my mind-necklaces. I have been in love with the longer charm necklaces and had found some that I loved on the website etsy but I couldn't bring myself to pay $40ish dollars for one. So I head to Michael's and bought the charms and the chain and made two myself. All for twenty bucks. Yep that is right two necklaces for twenty dollars. When I have a chance I will post pictures. I am quite proud of myself.

Well there you have it a week in the life of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment