Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Back to Harrisburg

  1.  At the beginning of September our original plan was to go straight to CT and then on our way to TN at the end of the month stop by Harrisburg so Eric could visit the program again plus see our great friends again. Well the program in CT changed Eric's start day at the last minute. Luckily we were able to change the hotel reservation, beg our friends to let us stay with them for a week and get the program in Harrisburg to let Eric visit with just a few phone calls and emails.
While we were in Harrisburg Kojun showed off his ability to build like professional. I think his blocks are the coolest I have ever seen. They look like wood but are just a really dense foam so you don't have to worry about kids hurting themselves with the blocks, or hurting siblings either.

 Unfortunately, Greg had to be gone a lot while we were there so Eric stepped in to help take of the kids. He and Jiro had a blast learning how to feed Jiro. Eric also spent a lot of time in the basement (Kojun's favorite place to play) with Kojun. I love watching my husband playing with kids. I am know he is going to be a great dad someday.
 While we were there Jiro turned six months old. Greg and Brittany have the tradition of doing carrot cake for birthdays but since it was a half birthday I made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I hadn't been able to bake in so long and was going through withdrawals so I found the excuse to make a cake. Now for those of you who are super sharp yes the cake is crooked. I used the silicon cake pans which wiggled and sat uneven in the oven. Plus the plate isn't even either. The sad part was that the cake wasn't all that good. The frosting was great but that was about it. Sorry Jiro.



Greg and Brittany took us to this great park over looking the river and the city. We had a blast hanging out and taking pictures. The only part that was not the best was there were a bunch of teenagers who had a power wheels car that they kept taking down this giant hill. They were almost running people over and going over a cliff. It was making everyone nervous and was disrupting all the people who were trying to enjoy the evening.
 Brittany and I realized that we didn't really have any pictures of the two of us.













Brittany and her little boy Jiro. I love the smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment