sort of.
There have been a few times in the last few years since I came home from my mission that I wondered if I really learned all of the lessons that I needed to. The other night as I was laying in bed I was thinking about my Mary Kay business and I realized that there are a lot of things that I will be doing with my business that I also did with my mission. Now I will add a disclaimer here that I fully know and understand in the grand scheme of things that message I shared on my mission is light years more important that what I share when I teach a skin care class. That being said I think there are some principles that I needed more work on when I left my mission that Mary Kay will give me the chance to accomplish.
One of those principles is opening up and talking to people as I am out and about. On my mission I will be honest a lot of it was about the language; or so I thought. I am finding as I am trying to talk to people about Mary Kay I still get a little scared and nervous.
The other main area is helping make people make commitments. I am not talking about getting people to buy products but agreeing to have a facial or host a class and then to actually be there. Believe it or not there are a lot of people who will agree and then just not show.
These were a few of my thoughts that actually gave me a little bit of peace when I started stressing about not learning what I needed to on my mission.
No comments:
Post a Comment