Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Monday, July 7, 2014

We have arrived

Eric and I are finally here and mostly settled in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin! The last month has been crazy to say the least but we made it.

I have avoided writing this post because I wasn't sure how to process all of the emotions that go with moving. I was excited, nervous, overwhelmed, scared, happy, hopeful and more. The hardest part was leaving great friends in Baltimore and the week of good-byes before we left.

My last day of work was June 20th and I had two great parties from my work friends. My job at the library had been such a great blessing for the last eighteen months. I have never been in a work environment that was so friendly and so much fun.

The rest of the week was a lot of good-byes and parties. We had dinner with our friends from church who took time to feed us even though they were preparing to move across town at the same time we were moving. The ladies from church threw me a good-bye party were we all painted our nails and had a blast eating and laughing. During the day on Thursday I went thrift store shopping with Sarah. We found great deals and had a blast finding great deals.

On Thursday night I went to a birthday party for the little girl I used to be a nanny for. Eric wasn't able to make it so on Friday night we headed over to Mandy and Fred's house to say good-bye again. The last day of good-byes was on Sunday. We only made it to the last twenty minutes of church due to craziness with the rental truck and car carrier. After church there was a linger longer and I said good-bye to friends. When we got home our friends stopped by to make sure we were okay and to say good-bye. At that point we pulled out of town.

The drive went much easier than I thought; granted Eric was the one driving the truck that was pulling the car. On Sunday night we stayed in Wheeling, WV. A huge storm was moving in right as we got to the hotel.
We arrived in Wisconsin at about 3:30 on June 30th and were able to get right in to our apartment.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy the drive was better than you thought! I miss you but love hearing how you are doing and that you're settling in and getting things organized in your NEW HOME! I love your new blog design too! Yay for that super cute photo of you both! Please keep me posted because I sure miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete