Just the two of us

Just the two of us

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cape may





On Saturday I took the time to go with friends for a girls day to Cape May, NJ. It was fabulous. We met in the morning at the church and then drove to Delaware to catch the ferry. The ferry ride there was so relaxing. There were even dolphins to guide us on the way. After a bite to eat at The Pilot House we did some shopping. Even though I was tempted to shop like crazy I only allowed myself a new sun hat. I had been thinking about one for awhile so when I found one that fit my small head, wasn't expensive and was cute I took the plunge.

After shopping we hit the beach. The water was freezing! Luckily the sun was warm and it felt wonderful to lie in the sun and have my toes in the sand. There were two guys surfing and I was envious of their wetsuits that let them be out in the water.
There ferry on the way back calm and less windy than the morning trip. We were first in line so we grabbed the comfortable chairs.

Our ferry ride let us see the very beginning of sunset. The colors were amazing. It was one of those days that makes everything feel all better. It was a long day but one filled with many memories and a chance to get to know some really awesome ladies even better than I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment