HappyThanksgiving to everyone!! Sorry a month as gone by without a word from Baltimore. Life has been pretty routine. Eric has been working at the VA in Baltimore and is getting ready to switch on Monday to a surgery rotation at Walter Reed and Fort Mead. He has been on call for almost the whole month but it has been pretty light; which has been a great blessing. I have been working as a nanny still but had this week off. I made a to-do list that was a mile long and will probably not get anywhere near all of it done.
Today on the great turkey day we are celebrating with our Canadian friends and the missionaries will be joining us later. Eric is making a great looking turkey and we are doing all of the traditional sides. The only one that we are cheating on is the pumpkin pie. Neither Eric nor myself like normal pumpkin pie so we make little pumpkin jello pudding pies. Every year Jell-O makes pumpkin spice pudding. We mix it up and put it in the graham cracker crust bowls and then add whipped cream. It takes about 5 minutes and we have a pumpkin pie like dessert. I didn't do a running list of things I am grateful for this year so I thought I would add the list here.
Gratitude List:
*Eric
*Book of Mormon
*Gospel
*Joseph Smith
*family (biological and the kind you pick up along the way)
*babies
*a warm, safe place to live
*having two cars
*friends
*laughter
*Atonement
*clean water that is readily avaliable
*cell phones
*sunshine
*the sound of rain
*yummy food
*books
*free libraries
*popcorn
*GPS
*the technology to communicate with family long distance
*helping others smile
No comments:
Post a Comment